John A. L. Campbell
John Campbell is a 1990 graduate of Oklahoma State University. After graduating from Oklahoma State, he served in the United States Marine Corps as an artillery officer from 1990-1994. Mr. Campbell attended the University of Tulsa College of Law from 1994-1997. Mr. Campbell was admitted into the Oklahoma bar in 1997 and began practicing law in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
In 2005, Mr. Campbell was commissioned as a Captain in the United States Army Judge Advocate General’s (JAG) Corps. In 2007, Mr. Campbell was mobilized and deployed to Iraq where he served as Defense Counsel for Soldiers deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom. Captain Campbell had the opportunity to represent hundreds of Soldiers facing courts martial charges, administrative proceedings, and non-judicial punishment. Captain Campbell earned a Bronze Star for his service in Iraq and was demobilized in 2008. He continues to serve as a JAG in the US Army Reserves.
Throughout his career, Mr. Campbell’s practice has focused primarily on litigation – both civil and criminal. Mr. Campbell’s civil litigation experience includes representing individuals, businesses, and insurance companies. He has handled all manner of civil litigation including insurance bad faith, automobile liability, property liability, professional liability, fraud, breach of contract, unfair business practices, employment torts, and family law. Mr. Campbell has defended the accused in criminal cases in state, federal, and military courts.
Mr. Campbell is admitted to practice before all state and federal district and appellate courts in Oklahoma. Over the years, Mr. Campbell has been involved in the trial of numerous cases to jury verdict. He has also efficiently and effectively resolved hundreds of cases for his clients by obtaining dismissals or summary judgments thereby extricating his clients from the litigation.
Mr. Campbell has been married for 25 years and has four children.
PRIMARY AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Insurance Law
- Indian Law
- Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Civil Litigation
- Business Law
- Military Law
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- Oklahoma – all State and Federal Courts
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Cherokee Nation Tribal Court
- Muscogee (Creek) Nation Tribal Court
- Osage Nation Tribal Court
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Bronze Star – United States Army
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell (highest peer-review rating obtainable)
- CALI Award for Excellence – Evidence
- Phi Delta Phi
MEMBERSHIPS & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Muscogee (Creek) Nation Bar Association
- Cherokee Nation Bar Association
- Osage Nation Bar Association
- National Eagle Scout Association
- Christ the Redeemer Lutheran Church
- Strike the Tennis Club
- Tulsa Area Tennis Association – past President
PUBLISHED OPINIONS & OTHER SIGNIFICANT APPELLATE WORK
- Stade v. Bodycote Thermal Processing, Inc., 2004 OK CIV APP 70