Margaret Clarke received her Associates Degree from St. Gregory’s College in 1991 and her Bachelor of Arts Degree from the University of Oklahoma in 1993. She is a 1996 graduate of Oklahoma City University School of Law. Before becoming a member of AMCCT, Ms. Clarke was a shareholder at one of the largest firms in Oklahoma. She has a significant litigation practice and has handled thousands of cases over her career. Ms. Clarke is an experienced and proven trial lawyer with verdicts in several counties.
Ms. Clarke primarily practices is Medical Malpractice with a specialty in long term care. She also has expertise in the areas of: Professional Liability, Civil Trial Practice, Personal Injury, Insurance Bad Faith and General Negligence. Margaret assists clients with medical negligence issues involving long term care facilities, assisted living facilities, hospitals and physicians. Margaret has an individual AV rating through Martindale-Hubbell and is the author of, “U.S. Supreme Court Applies the Fair Debt Collection Act to Litigation,” Oklahoma Bar Journal, Vol. 66, No. 27, p.2297 (1995). In addition, she has been recognized as an Oklahoma Rising Star and Oklahoma Super Lawyer in Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice.
- Oklahoma – all State and Federal Courts
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
HONORS & AWARDS
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell (highest peer-review rating obtainable)
MEMBERSHIPS & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Tulsa Women Lawyers Association, President (2007-2008)
- Board Member, Tulsa Historical Society
TEACHING & LECTURE EXPERIENCE
- Author, “U.S. Supreme Court Applies the Fair Debt Collection Act to Litigation,” Oklahoma Bar Journal, Vol. 66, No. 27, p. 2297 (1995)