In 1992, Rachel C. Mathis received her B.S. degree from Oklahoma State University and in 1995 she received her law degree from the University of Oklahoma College of Law. Before becoming a founding member of Aston|Mathis|Campbell, PLLC, Ms. Mathis was a shareholder in one of the largest firms in Oklahoma. Prior to that, she was a partner with mid-size local defense firm for nine years. She has a broad litigation practice and has handled thousands of cases over the course of her career. Ms. Mathis is a proven trial lawyer, taking numerous cases to jury verdict in several counties throughout the State of Oklahoma and in federal court. She has also presented oral arguments to the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Her clients range in size from small local businesses and individuals to nationwide companies. In addition to her litigation practice, Ms. Mathis assists companies, lawyers and professionals on matters such as contract negotiations, insurance coverage, and personnel matters. She is a trained mediator and has also had several published decisions relating to matters including insurance bad faith, products liability, premises liability, and employment discrimination.
Ms. Mathis is married and has two sons who both graduated from Bishop Kelley High School. The oldest is a graduate of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point and serving as an officer in the U.S. Army. The youngest attends Oklahoma State University.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Super Lawyer from 2010 – Present
- Top 25 Female Attorney in Oklahoma
- Top 50 Lawyers in Oklahoma
- Power Attorney – Tulsa Business & Legal News
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell (highest peer-review rating obtainable)
- Admitted to the American Board of Trial Advocates
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- Oklahoma – All State and Federal Courts
- Arkansas – All State and Federal Courts
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
MEMBERSHIP & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Tulsa County Bar Association – Board of Directors
- Creek County Bar Association
- Litigation Counsel of America – Fellow
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute – Member
- American Inns of Court – (Previous Master)